Ventyx Demand Response Management System
Smart Grid solutions for demand response programs, distributed energy management & commercial operations
Ventyx DRMS enables support of the commercial and retail utility operations that are required to deliver effective demand response programs, distributed energy management, and resource optimization for successful Smart Grid deployments.
expand Key Capabilities
Ventyx DRMS delivers important capabilities to the utility Smart Grid program:
- Demand Response Programs & Distributed Energy Management – supports program design, customer enrollment and preference tracking.
- Unit Commitment & Resource Optimization – enables utility portfolio optimization by supporting unit commitment and dispatch complex portfolios that include the full range of portfolio components, including generation, storage, renewables, Virtual Power Plants and complex contracts.
- Optimized Decisions – to facilitate the speed of decision making required to dispatch distributed energy resources, and to provide a comprehensive portfolio view.
DRMS Retail Operations provides support to understand the aggregated capabilities of the installed distributed energy resources, as well as to compute benefits and billing determinants at an aggregated level. DRMS Retail includes the following capabilities:
- Load and Revenue Forecasting – provides bottom-up load and revenue forecasts based on service dates, usage history, and product types for each individual account, service location, or meter, as well as the ability to aggregate these to a commercial operations level.
- Program Pricing and Management – includes a library of standard product types as well as a powerful formula editor to support user-defined products and programs.
- Meter Results Data Management – ideal for handling the associated collection, translation, and analysis of meter consumption data from traditional and smart meters.
- Load Profiling and Meter Aggregation – supports multiple load profiling methods, such as Proxy Day, Dynamic Load Profiling, and weather-based Regression Modeling.
- Complex Billing – produces the complex billing determinants associated with the evolving complex tariffs for Smart Grid demand response programs.
- Scheduling, Settlement, and Market Communications – provides integrated communications to multiple scheduling entities, including ISOs/RTOs.
DRMS Commercial optimizes a portfolio’s Smart Grid operational requirements and delivers the following capabilities:
- Portfolio Optimization – Mixed Integer Linear Programming (MILP) provides modeling richness to truly optimize the most complex problems.
- Emissions & Renewables – integrates renewable resources in the portfolio and emissions to create both environmental and price signals.
- Decision Support for Physical Trading – reduces costs, improves profitability and manages risk.
- Fuel Management and Pipeline Modeling – reduces fuel costs through enhanced portfolio optimization to determine the best use of scarce fuel is a key operational requirement.
- Simulation Scenarios – 'what if' analysis improves operational decisions and helps manage the risks associated with unexpected events.
- Post Analysis for Improved Operations – provides the ability to import and simulate, using actual data, and compare this data with forecasted scenarios.
Need More Info?
We'll make sure your questions get answered by an expert on our team.