Generation Management Systems (GMS)
Optimize power output and ancillary services. Maximize revenue.
Generation companies need advanced applications to monitor and optimize their assets while respecting all the relevant operational and environmental constraints.
The primary objectives in power system operation are security, quality, reliability and economy. To meet these objectives, the Ventyx Generation Management System provides a comprehensive set of monitoring and control functions with state-of-the-art modeling techniques and solution algorithms. These generation applications have been deployed on numerous control centers around the world, some with over 500 generators. More than 60 customers worldwide use GMS to manage their generation fleet.
expand Key Benefits
GMS provides a rich set of advanced applications for generation operations, all field-proven under a wide variety of market rules and operating conditions. Key benefits include:
- Improved profitability by optimizing the use of the generation asset portfolio.
- Operational awareness GUI for immediate overview of the power generation, interchanges and reserves.
- Optimal automatic generation control (AGC) and economic dispatch across multiple areas.
- Full compliance with reliability standards from NERC and UCTE.
- Maintained reserves and committed transactions.
- Calculation of fuel consumption, production costs and emissions.
- Forecasting of loads and load patterns for multiple areas and sub-areas.
- Generation scheduling based on load forecast and trading schedules.
- Automated interfaces with OASIS and electronic tagging.
- Automated interfaces with all major ISOs and associated market systems.
expand Key Capabilities
|Generation SCADA||Improve the information made available to operators, support personnel and management with a real-time information system for total monitoring and control of electric power stations.|
|GMS Applications||Perform real-time optimization and control of generation operations while minimizing costs, keeping adequate levels of reserves and respecting all the relevant physical, operational and environmental constraints. All types of generation sources are supported.|
|Data Historian||Quickly and easily create historical reports for compliance audits using a centralized, permanent data repository that automatically collects, analyzes and archives all critical data.|
Need More Info?
We'll make sure your questions get answered by an expert on our team.