In the last 10 years, over 80% of such companies in North America and about 35% in Europe have deployed field force automation or workforce management to selected parts of their field service organizations. The results of these efforts have been striking, with most organizations experiencing a healthy return on investment and a payback period of less than two years while providing a differentiating experience for the end customer.
Key Communications Challenges
Ventyx is helping over 40,000 technicians at communications organizations worldwide to address the following challenges:
- Consumer and commercial customer demand - For increased customer responsiveness and service in the field.
- Achieving greater workforce productivity - There is often a need to measure relative performance and drive costs out of the delivery of service fulfillment, assurance and plant maintenance.
- Regulatory compliance - Toughening company requirements are being set by national, state and local regulators.
- Disparate field worker technologies - Communications companies often must deal with disparate technologies supporting field workers in functional silos which often include contractor workforces mixed with company technicians.
- Need for standardization - Communication companies need enterprise-wide process and technology standardization that transcends disparate, less efficient regional or organizational structures and processes.
- Environmental pressures - There is a push to reduce the carbon footprint of the field workforce caused by sub-optimal travel.
- Speed to market - Communication companies need to deliver new products to market quickly and efficiently require flexible OSS/BSS support.