To turn energy market strategies into actionable results, energy analysts need to constantly analyze and evaluate energy markets to understand the effects of tightening regulatory realities, resourcing, market volatility and environmental pressures on energy organizations. What they need is a trusted advisor to provide rigorous data, software and services to help them analyze the state of power markets and energy portfolio risks.
Learn about Ventyx products specialized for energy and utilities »
Energy Consulting & Finance Challenges
Ventyx can help energy consulting, finance and government organizations address the following challenges:
- Access to reliable market intelligence – Staying abreast of changes in the market landscape requires monitoring hundreds of different sources of data—many of which can conflict.
- Forecasting retail load – Accurately forecasting short-term load is a very complex problem that requires companies to arrive at accurate forecasts while accounting for several highly volatile factors.
- Planning for the future – Energy markets look very different today than most companies thought 10 years ago. How will the industry evolve going forward? What types of generation will be needed to meet demand? And when?
- Increased market complexity – Energy organizations are under tremendous pressure to re-evaluate the way they have traditionally done business to respond to current market conditions and pressures to turn to renewable sources of energy.
- Shifting regulatory landscape – Maintaining regulatory, service reliability and safety compliance is a constant issue for organizations that are heavily regulated.