Energy Consulting & Finance Solutions
Analyzing energy markets. Getting the best results.
Ventyx understands that power transmission and distribution companies are struggling to invest in new infrastructure – for new energy sources – while they extend the life of existing assets.
To turn energy market strategies into actionable results, energy analysts need to constantly analyze and evaluate energy markets to understand the effects of tightening regulatory realities, resourcing, market volatility and environmental pressures on energy organizations. What they need is a trusted advisor to provide rigorous data, software and services to help them analyze the state of power markets and energy portfolio risks.
Energy Consulting & Finance Challenges
Ventyx can help energy consulting, finance and government organizations address the following challenges:
- Access to reliable market intelligence – Staying abreast of changes in the market landscape requires monitoring hundreds of different sources of data—many of which can conflict.
- Forecasting retail load – Accurately forecasting short-term load is a very complex problem that requires companies to arrive at accurate forecasts while accounting for several highly volatile factors.
- Planning for the future – Energy markets look very different today than most companies thought 10 years ago. How will the industry evolve going forward? What types of generation will be needed to meet demand? And when?
- Increased market complexity – Energy organizations are under tremendous pressure to re-evaluate the way they have traditionally done business to respond to current market conditions and pressures to turn to renewable sources of energy.
- Shifting regulatory landscape – Maintaining regulatory, service reliability and safety compliance is a constant issue for organizations that are heavily regulated.
Energy Consulting & Finance Solutions
|Energy Market Intelligence & Forecasting (Economic Transmission Planning)|
Evaluate potential transmission investment decisions based on their economic effect using rigorous simulation engines featuring security constrained economic dispatch and a highly detailed representation of the transmission grid.
Ventyx offers industry-leading power market simulation solutions, which incorporate extensive details in generating unit operating characteristics, transmission grid topology and constraints, unit commitment, operating conditions and market systems operations. Algorithms can be exercised for LMP forecasting, CRR / FTR valuations, and transmission congestion analysis. Key benefits include:
|Energy Market Price Forecasting|
Make better, more consistent decisions against both financial and regulatory criteria using price and capital investment forecasting, planning and asset valuation software and services.
Ventyx electric power and fuel price forecasting solutions are used by market participants, financial institutions, and regulators as the basis for strategic investment and operational decisions. Our forecasting tools offer a comprehensive solution for fundamental market modeling, short- and long-term forecasting of energy market prices, capacity prices, fuel consumption, future capital investment and locational marginal prices. Our forecasting solutions allow customers to quickly develop custom scenarios for analysis. This includes:
|Energy Market Intelligence|
Gain a better understanding of the market landscape with access to rigorous market data and research that provides intelligence on power, fuels, generation, environmental and transmission. Leverage this data into your own planning with advanced analytics.
Because having high quality data is essential to our clients, Ventyx provides investment-grade historical data and analysis, assembled with the industry’s most rigorous data collection and proofing procedures. In addition, our expertise enables us to model data and perform thorough research to enhance or extrapolate data where available sources are incomplete or nonexistent. Most importantly, customers are easily able to access this data to make it actionable. This solution includes:
|Energy Market Intelligence & Forecasting (Asset & Project Valuation)|
Valuation models covering both power and gas portfolios and using state-of-the-art methodologies rigorously model even the most complex portfolios. Stochastic valuations help investors understand the risk associated with specific market positions. Portfolio analytics solutions are widely accepted by financial institutions and rating agencies.
Ventyx portfolio valuation models offer a complete representation of contractual positions and physical assets, taking into account operating constraints such as: start costs, minimum and maximum operating levels as well as a full range of other operating constraints. Key benefits include:
Need More Info?
We'll make sure your questions get answered by an expert on our team.
Everything you need to become an expert on the energy industry.