Energy Market Operator Solutions
Smarter markets. Efficient operations.
Ventyx understands that the electricity industry worldwide is undergoing significant restructuring and is expected to do so in the future as smarter grid initiatives are realized.
This restructuring has impacted wholesale electricity markets over the years, with its evolution taking stage in the 1990s and 2000s and now in its next phase in 2012 and beyond.
With the main goals of improving market efficiency, system reliability and better managing transmission congestion, markets are now increasingly faced with challenges of regional market integration, renewables integration and "smart grid" resources such as demand response and energy storage. Ventyx solutions are used in electricity markets worldwide to address these challenges so that customers can benefit from lower electricity prices and reliable power grids.
Energy Market Operator Challenges
Ventyx can help energy markets address the following challenges:
- Managing transmission congestion - Organizations must improve the efficiency and reliability of transmission infrastructure in order to be able to quickly alleviate transmission congestion when it occurs.
- Integrating regional markets and renewable energies - Increasing complexity in managing the bulk power grid, growing concerns for the environment and the need to provide a continually reliable service are increasing the need for a "smarter" grid.
- Forecasting retail load - Accurately forecasting short-term load is a very complex problem that requires distribution companies to arrive at accurate forecasts while accounting for several highly volatile factors.
- Capital investment planning - To make ongoing investments that expand and improve transmission network capacity, companies need convincing data-driven analysis supporting investment and comprehensive capital project management once funds are secured.
- Planning for the future - Generation markets look very different today than most companies thought 10 years ago. How will the industry evolve going forward? What types of generation will be needed to meet demand and when?
Energy Market Operator Solutions
Ensure customers benefit from lower electricity prices, reliable power grids and efficient investments by addressing key challenges around managing transmission congestion and integrating regional markets, renewable energies and "smart grid" resources into your operations.
Ventyx Market Management enables electricity operators to enhance their power system reliability and grid dispatch, achieve better price transparency and gain greater liquidity in the marketplace. Ventyx offers the only solution that provides true multi-market coverage across every operational North American power market. Based on current clients and market volume, it includes functionality for the scheduling, bidding and settlement of more generation and load than all of the other competing software solutions combined. Key benefits include:
|Retail Operations & Forecasting - Counterparty Settlement & Billing|
Integrated solution for managing operating agreements and contracts, complex billing and settlement calculations and regulatory reporting processes.
Used by market or transmission operators, wholesale providers, generation owners/operators, marketers, and utilities, the Ventyx counterparty settlements and billing solution supports the settlement and invoicing of generation, transmission and distribution customers or counterparties associated with energy contracts. Key benefits include:
|Retail Forecasting & Operations|
Dial-in short- and long-term load forecasts using a highly sophisticated demand forecasting model that captures all of the specifics of each system and layers in demand drivers like temperature, humidity and wind conditions.
The Ventyx Retail Forecasting & Operations solution delivers the industry’s most comprehensive set of solutions for energy retailers. Key benefits include:
|Energy Market Intelligence & Forecasting|
Make better decisions with access to leading market data such as fuels, generation, and transmission networks. Leverage price and capital investment forecasting and asset valuation to drive better decisions against both financial and regulatory criteria.
Energy markets have converged. Analysts need the ability to quickly evaluate the activities of market participants and industry dynamics across commodities without having to jump between applications. Energy professionals need more than just accurate data – they need powerful analytical tools that can help them quickly find the answers to complex and data intensive industry problems. Ventyx is a market leader in energy market planning and analytics, and is the only major market forecast provider to backtest the performance of its Advisory Service forecasts over time. Key benefits include:
Need More Info?
We'll make sure your questions get answered by an expert on our team.
Everything you need to become an expert on the energy industry.
- Top 5 Challenges in Equipment Reliability (Expert Series)
- Hedging in ERCOT with Ventyx's Retail Operations (Webcast)
- ERCOT Hot Topics (Webcast)
- Utility Asset Management Strategy in the Smart Grid Era (Whitepaper)
- McDonnell Group: Optimizing Deployment of Next Generation Maintenance Strategies (Research)
- The Path to IFRS Compliance (Whitepaper)