Gas distribution organizations must adhere to the highest safety standards to ensure uptime during peak demand and that preventable accidents are avoided or remedied in a timely fashion.
To ensure efficient and effective service at all times, gas distribution organizations must constantly monitor and proactively maintain their plants by accessing detailed information about the status of the distribution network.
Learn about Ventyx products specialized for energy and utilities »
Gas Distribution Challenges
Ventyx can help gas distribution organizations address the following challenges:
- Managing maintenance – Gas distribution organizations must maximize the availability and utilization of assets to provide a reliable service to customers.
- Complying with regulatory and reporting requirements – Gas distribution is a highly regulated industry, requiring organizations to comply with complex reporting requirements.
- Increasing access to skills and resources – Organizations face the dual threat of aging asset infrastructure and a lack of skilled workers to inspect and maintain those assets.
- Forecasting retail demand – Accurately forecasting short-term load is a very complex challenge that requires distribution companies to arrive at accurate forecasts while accounting for several highly volatile factors.
- Capital investment planning – To make ongoing investments to expand and improve network transmission, storage and deliverability capacity, companies need rigorous, data-driven analysis supporting investment and comprehensive capital project management once funds are secured.