As the world searches for the best possible mix of clean energy technologies deployed in the most environmentally responsible way, nuclear power is considered to be one of the leading alternatives. Already, nuclear power provides around 6% of the world’s energy needs - and is growing.
Despite this, nuclear power operators face significant regulatory and investment hurdles that must be cleared to obtain both the funding and the authorizations to proceed. Ventyx understands that nuclear power operators need systems that can improve their fleet performance and workforce efficiency, while at the same time improving their ability to meet strict environmental, regulatory and safety requirements.
Learn about Ventyx products specialized for energy and utilities »
Nuclear Power Challenges
Ventyx can help nuclear power organizations address the following challenges:
- Cost effective operations - Effective management of costs for labor, materials, equipment, plant systems while maintaining safety and regulatory standards.
- Culture of continuous improvement - Ability to analyze performance trends, identify root cause analysis and corrective action programs, leverage best business practices, and standardize processes across a single plant or a fleet of plants.
- Managing the long-term impact of decisions on plant operations - Nuclear plants will be built in five years or less but operated for 60 or more. Therefore, every major decision has a long-term impact on plant operations.
- Workforce productivity, increasing staff requirements - Nuclear power organizations have to improve work productivity and performance, safely. This while facing the dual threat of managing an aging workforce and dealing with the rapid growth in staffing requirements for new facilities.
- Managing and reporting on safety and environmental regulations - The ability to identify and manage risk while meeting rigorous safety and environmental regulations requires greater visibility of data managed by multiple departments and IT systems.