Ventyx understands that power generating companies must not only maintain aging infrastructure, they must also learn how to maintain and operate new technologies in the most efficient and productive way.
Learn about Ventyx products specialized for energy and utilities »
Power Generation Challenges
Ventyx can help power generation companies address the following challenges:
- Retaining the knowledge of a legacy workforce - When older individuals retire, key individualized knowledge goes with them.
- Managing and reporting on safety and environmental regulations - The ability to adequately meet rigorous safety and environmental regulations requires greater visibility of data managed by multiple departments and IT systems.
- Managing aging infrastructure while incorporating new energy sources - Energy organizations are under tremendous pressure to re-evaluate the way they have traditionally done business, including optimizing and increasing the profitability of traditional and renewable assets.
- Optimizing complex portfolios - Market structure, contract obligations, regulatory requirements and volatile economics combine to make balancing, optimizing and dispatching generation assets a significantly more complex problem today than ever before.
- Planning for the future - Generation markets look very different today than most companies thought 10 years ago. How will the industry evolve going forward? What types of generation will be needed to meet demand and when?