At the same time, they must manage construction, maintenance, and emergency work on a daily basis to ensure the 24x7 availability of mission-critical assets.
To combat these challenges, many power transmission companies are making investments into innovative technologies that further increase reliability while improving overall efficiency. Ventyx understands the need to balance everyday operations with the drive towards innovation.
Learn about Ventyx products specialized for energy and utilities »
Power Transmission Challenges
Ventyx can help power transmission companies address the following challenges:
- Improving operational efficiency - Power transmission companies require standardized and streamlined work processes to maximize workforce and asset productivity to improve customer satisfaction.
- Increasing access to skills and resources - Organizations face the dual threat of aging asset infrastructure and a lack of skilled workers to inspect and maintain those assets.
- Tightening regulatory realities - Maintaining regulatory, service reliability and safety compliance is a constant issue for power transmission organizations that are heavily regulated.
- Meeting new growth requirements - Energy organizations are under tremendous pressure to re-evaluate the way they have traditionally done business to meet increasing demand for power while balancing the desire to maximize the distance between generation sources and densely populated areas.
- Capital investment planning - To make ongoing investments to expand and improve transmission network capacity, companies need convincing data-driven analysis supporting investment and comprehensive capital project management once funds are secured.