Base metals companies are experiencing continuing increases in demand, while battling more remote and technically challenging resources and increasing costs. Complex hard rock mining operations, complex process flowsheets, complex logistics and complex sales contracts make it increasingly difficult to take a holistic view of the operation to drive additional throughput and efficiency. But with increasing demand and a volatile global market this holistic view is critical to remain in the right part of the cost curve. As always, the need for efficiency and growth must be balanced with consideration for the environment, workforce safety and regulatory compliance. Ventyx can help.
Learn about Ventyx products specialized for mining »
Key Base Metals Mining Challenges
Ventyx can help base metals mining organizations address the following challenges:
- Increasing productivity – During phases of increasing demand, mining companies need to stay focused on improving efficiencies and mitigating costly bottlenecks.
- Meeting regulations – Mining companies need an integrated solution to manage the mining process, including traceability of metal content from the mine source to the final destination.
- Gaining production visibility – Visibility into production—which comes from adopting best practice approaches to metal and production accounting, such as AMIRA P754—is essential for staying on top of operational performance in complex facilities.
- Managing the product logistics chain – Mining companies need to integrate all the complexities of the logistics chain in a manageable, traceable and auditable model.
- Managing contracts – Contracts for different materials involve different pricing methods, so mining companies need the flexibility to handle metal contracts in all their various forms.