Bulk producers must plan and manage extraction, processing, blending and shipping to meet the increasing demands of their customers. Maintaining throughput and quality with limited rail, port and stockpile capacity remains an ongoing challenge. Highly complex and distributed equipment –such as mobile mining fleet and processing facilities– requires a strategic approach to asset management to predictably yield product year after year.
Learn about Ventyx products specialized for mining »
Key Bulk Mining Challenges
Ventyx can help bulk mining organizations address the following challenges:
- Handling complex logistics – Variable quality ore feed, limited stockyard space and multiple interacting transport schedules create complex logistical challenges.
- Blending to meet contracts – Bulk mining companies need to blend production to meet multiple quality targets.
- Allocating revenue – Bulk mining companies need to calculate, plan and track actual production based on lease terms and joint venture agreements.
- Managing penalties and premiums – Bulk mining companies must calculate the effect of contract penalties and premiums to make informed decisions.
- Managing logistics – Bulk mining companies need to schedule and manage shipments through rail, barge, truck and other forms of transport.
- Staying ahead of market shifts – Mining companies struggle to manage dozens of external market data and price forecasts to come up with a rigorous, consistent view of the market landscape across the enterprise.