Exploration & Production: Exploration and production becomes increasingly difficult as time goes on. The reserves found today can only be tapped with vast amounts of capital investment and advanced technologies. It’s also increasingly difficult to find skilled staff in these remote areas to maintain these assets. Recent catastrophic failures have cost some organizations hundreds of millions of dollars and caused significant damage to the environment and corporate reputations. Companies need systems in place to minimize the risk of failure by leveraging preventative maintenance techniques.
Refining: With aging refineries, low investment in new plants, and tightening maintenance budgets, refining operations are in a precarious position. Organizations in the refining industry need systems and techniques that allow them to inspect the condition of assets, assess criticality, and report on budget effectiveness.
Petrochemical: With tightening maintenance budgets, organizations in the chemical industry need systems and techniques that allow them to inspect the condition of assets, assess criticality, and report on budget effectiveness.
Key Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Challenges
Ventyx can help oil & gas organizations address the following challenges:
- Exploring and producing in remote areas - Oil and gas organizations face unique challenges in maximizing the productivity of their assets and workforce when exploring and extracting product in remote and isolated areas
- Access to skills and workers - Organizations face the dual threat of an aging distribution infrastructure and a lack of skilled workers
- Governance, risk and compliance - Maintaining regulatory, service reliability and safety compliance is a constant issue for oil and gas organizations that are heavily regulated
- Operational efficiency - Maintaining increasingly complex equipment makes it difficult to ensure operational efficiency across the organization
- Reliability management - Many oil and gas companies are looking to move from reactionary maintenance to preventative approaches to minimize the risk of asset failure
- Maintaining aged infrastructure - Organizations must continually audit, inspect and monitor the technical condition of aging refining assets to ensure their continuous uptime.