Strategies with Actionable Results.
Ventyx is the leader in depth, breadth, accuracy, and timeliness of energy information.
Ventyx is a trusted advisor on power markets, energy fuels strategy, fuel fundamentals and energy portfolio risk. Ventyx Advisory Services help our clients turn their energy markets strategies into actionable results. Ventyx provides the market leading solution for fundamental analysis of North American markets.
expand Key Benefits
Ventyx advisory services offer the following benefits:
- Evaluate future uncertainties
- Thorough and continual assessment of regional and continental markets
- Independent valuation of assets for buying, selling, and risk management
- Custom analysis of congestion, pricing, wind and solar siting
- Meet new regulatory requirements and ensuring resource adequacy at lowest cost
expand Key Capabilities
Ventyx's power electricity and fuel price forecast has been the industry standard since the dawn of competitive power markets and is used by market participants, financial institutions, and regulators as the basis for strategic investment and operational decisions in North American and Europe. Ventyx also forecasts prices for carbon and other emission allowances as well as renewable energy credits; renewable electric capacity additions; conventional electric capacity additions, retrofits, and retirements; and transmission system upgrades.
Ventyx provides complete fuels fundamental analysis, fuel risk planning, hedging, and fuel project development services to meet the needs of clients with the most up-to-date analysis of fuel market fundamentals, prices and how they are formed internationally. This unique, and powerful service includes several components, including:
- Fundamental analysis of supply and demand, expected gas market prices, infrastructure, and market uncertainty for 36 competitive natural gas price zones
- Forecasts of long-term supply and demand fundamentals, expected coal market prices, infrastructure, and transportation constraints for major North American coal basins
- Global regional demand and supply for 24 oil producing export regions
- Projection of the rationing of LNG supply across each international market
- Simulation of emissions control decisions and results simultaneously in three cap and trade markets (SO2, NOx, and Hg)
The Ventyx asset valuation solution is used by private equity players, utilities, banks and financial players for benchmarking, credit evaluation, monitoring and initial screening of asset values. Our solution accounts for the extrinsic values of assets, due to their flexible operations under different market conditions, as well as their intrinsic values.
Integrated Resource Planning With more than 35 years of experience assisting clients across the country, Ventyx Advisors are ready to assist you with your resource planning needs. Along with a comprehensive toolbox of best-in-class software to help address your challenges, Ventyx Advisors has the experience to help you build a comprehensive and defensible resource planning process that incorporates all aspects of your corporate, public, and regulatory environments.
Transmission Services Ventyx has performed an array of consulting engagements tailored to assist clients with their FTR/CRR auction activities. These engagements have taken the form of more limited deliverables in terms of market price forecasts for client-designated nodes and trading hubs to very involved deliverables encompassing client-driven transmission/generation scenarios, price forecasts, and detailed determination of nodal drivers of specific prices and constraints. Ventyx provides the market knowledge and analysis tools and techniques to provide clients with the insights necessary to mitigate congestion exposure and bolster the bottom line. Our comprehensive forecasts and analyses can assess which hedges are accompanied by financial risk and which are most valuable, as well as quantify and assess the impacts of anticipated system developments and evaluate alternative hedging strategies.
Wind Energy Wind energy presents unique challenges and Ventyx can help to identify and quantify the transmission risks associated with particular wind sites, along with forecasting curtailments of wind energy due to existing transmission congestion or dispatch methodologies. Further, Ventyx can quantify the impact of integrated wind storage facilities, and the impact of substantial wind generation mix on operational parameters such as spinning reserve requirements and other commitment issues.
Asset Financing Ventyx is a recognized industry leader for independent market opinions on power generation assets worldwide. Since 1997, Ventyx has provided market opinions for over $35 billion in short and long-term project financing on 70,000 MW of energy projects. Our consulting services include stochastic analysis of real option value, and structured financing workouts.
expand Featured Customers
Click on a logo to learn more about a featured customer. View all customers »
Gazprom Marketing and Trading is a global business that provides customers with integrated energy solutions. Offices in the USA, Europe and Asia offer a unique suite of products – from gas and electricity marketing, trading and supply, to smart metering, energy management solutions and carbon deals.
showing 1-6 of #
Need More Info?
We'll make sure your questions get answered by an expert on our team.
- Potential Shifts in Generator Competitiveness in SPP’s Integrated Marketplace (Whitepaper)
- Energy Market Enhancements at ISO New England 2013-2017 (Whitepaper)
- Ventyx Advisor Asset Valuation Services
- Ventyx Asset Valuator
- Ventyx North American Power Reference Case
- The Value of Portfolio Optimization (Whitepaper)
- Top 5 Challenges Preparing for Southwest Power Pool Integrated Marketplace (Expert Series)