Distribution Management Systems (DMS)
Taking on the challenges of tomorrow’s grid.
While issues around the aging infrastructure of grids have been acknowledged for quite some time, market forces driving grid transformations are now more urgent than ever. Utilities face many challenges to improve methods of power delivery and utilization – the integration of control room systems, consumer demands, environmental pressures for renewable power generation and the security of supply.
The development of smart grids will change not only the way a grid is built, but also have a great impact of how it is managed. In the future, when people’s use of electricity is influenced by real-time information of pricing, new demands will be placed on network management and control systems. Managing distribution networks demands flexible IT solutions and experienced support personnel that understand the work process of control center operations.
expand Key Benefits
Distribution Management Systems provide access to critical system data and functions to a large number of users, thereby:
- Increasing operational efficiencies with a common working environment for distribution SCADA, outage management and network applications.
- Eliminating the costs to build, maintain and coordinate multiple network models.
- Improving understanding of the current state of network, enhancing operational safety and decision making.
- Reducing the impact of outages by locating and isolating faults faster.
- Reducing demand and system losses without affecting customer load.
- Improving workflow through a single source of data and information.
- Enabling significant time savings by reusing large portions of existing data.
- Allowing hundreds of users across the enterprise to view and query outage and operational information.
- Providing access to on-line operational data for improved decision support and more efficient use of resources.
expand Key Capabilities
|Distribution SCADA||Improve the information made available to operators, field crew personnel, customer service representatives, management – and ultimately end customers – with a real-time information system for total network monitoring and control of electric power systems.|
|Network Applications||Achieve optimum network utilization at all times using advanced network functions that provide operators with the analytical tools to make informed decision and manage the network effectively.|
|Outage Management System||Restore supply faster and more efficiently with a single, integrated platform that enables hundreds of users to simultaneously access information about customers, system status and resources.|
expand Featured Customers
Click on a logo to learn more about a featured customer. View all customers »
showing 1-6 of #
Need More Info?
We'll make sure your questions get answered by an expert on our team.
- Eskom Success Story
- Greentech Media: Foundations for Tomorrow’s Smart Grid (Research)
- Öresundskraft Success Story
- Securing Your Systems Against Future Threats: Cyber Protections to Support Operational Excellence (Webcast)
- Model-Based Volt/VAR Optimization: An Introduction (Whitepaper)
- Supporting Systems for a Smart Grid World (Whitepaper)