Network Management Solutions
Keeping the lights on. Reliably and efficiently.
Every day, transmission system operators (TSOs) face the challenges of ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the transmission network - in compliance with the regulatory regime under which they operate - and in the context of an increasingly complex resource mix as renewable and demand side programs increase their market share. Operators must also ensure their networks are protected from cyber threats.
Transmission operators require systems that support operational and regulatory requirements as they exist today, and can also evolve to meet the needs of the future system operator. For more than 30 years our energy management system (EMS), using our advanced network applications, has assisted in the safe and reliable operation of power systems throughout the world. Our EMS has been independently tested against cyber security threats and we are at the forefront in the modeling of renewable resources and their impact on the transmission system.
expand Key Benefits
EMS supports the advanced operation of transmission systems and delivers the following benefits:
- Efficient real-time utilization of transmission network assets.
- Enhanced network security and continuous monitoring of system stability, with early warning of conditions that could lead to widespread blackout.
- Advanced visualization and situational awareness for operators, leading to enhanced grid operation.
- Continuous operator improvement through the use of the Operator Training Simulator (OTS).
- Compliance enabling the TSO to fulfill their license and regulatory obligations.
- Cyber security that enables the TSO to operate the network in a cyber secure environment.
expand Key Capabilities
|Transmission SCADA||Improve the information made available to operators and management with a real-time information system for network monitoring and control of the power system.|
|Network Applications||Network applications are used in combination with the SCADA to monitor and improve the efficiency and security of operation of the transmission power system by the operator. They may be used in the real-time operation of the system or for the purposes of analysis in a study mode.|
|Wide Area Monitoring||Achieve additional insights into the dynamic response of the power system with an integrated wide area monitoring (WAM) function, enabling greater benchmarking of transmission planning models for improved planning and system utilization.|
|Data Historian||Quickly and easily create historical reports for compliance audits using a centralized, permanent data repository that automatically collects, analyzes and archives all critical data.|
Need More Info?
We'll make sure your questions get answered by an expert on our team.